Master in Agriculture, Natural Resources & Environment
The Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem provides students with opportunities to study and research various environmental topics, with an emphasis on pollution treatment, overexploitation of natural resources and the influence of agriculture on these issues.
|Non-Thesis Track: Approx. $5,300 for international students per year
Thesis Track: Approx. $280 per year
The Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem encompasses chemical, physical, ecological, economical and ethical aspects.
This track is part of the academic program offered by the Advanced School of Environmental Studies of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, so students are also enrolled in the school and attend its courses. The school’s mission is to train and bring together the very best researchers and practitioners in the various environmental fields, and to provide them with opportunities to confront broad-scope issues from different disciplinary, interdisciplinary and international perspectives.
The school offers four tracks with common core courses for students of different academic backgrounds. The core courses provide students with an interdisciplinary framework in which they can acquire knowledge and understanding of the issues and approaches guiding environmental research in the various fields of study.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science or Nutrition Science with a minimum final grade of 80
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science with a minimum final grade of 80, who wish to enroll in Environmental Economics and Management (717).
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science or Nutrition Science with a minimum final grade of 80, who have secured a supervisor for their thesis, and wish to enroll in Animal and Veterinary Sciences (735).
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in another relevant teaching program (recognized by the teaching committee), who fulfill the conditions to apply for the graduate programs as specified above.
- For the master’s program in Biotechnology.
Meet our students
Orit Berhani, PhD Student
Why study with us?
Location - Jerusalem
Study in one of the most ancient cities in the world, today a colourful carpet of cultures and peoples, innovative technology and entrepreneurial spirit
A tradition of innovation at the start up nation led for nearly 10K patents, 150 new inventions per year and over 600 commercial products
Academic & Research Excellence
Hebrew University faculty and alumni have won eight Nobel Prizes, one Fields Medal and 14 Wolf Prizes, among others